Sunday 5 June 2011

Beginings of an Empty Nest

As i have just discovered, time goes way too fast and before i knew it my beautiful eldest daughter Hayley flew the coop!  Its only been a little over a week and its AWFUL.  She was hardly ever home anyway, working, dancing, hanging out with friends etc but at least i knew that HERE was where she hung her hat so to speak. I saw her every day. I had a 'toe' in her life. Now, i dont know what her plans are, i dont know if she is eating well, or at all, i have no idea what her home looks like now she has moved in. Now the 'EXPO' is over and she has time to breathe again i am sure we will catch up and i can go over and have 'coffee' with her. Her dad hasnt even SEEN her house lol...poor dad. Anyway, i think its hit me harder than i thought it would - i wasnt ready for it! I dread the day the last one moves out of home - then it will be an empty nest.

No comments: