Sunday 12 June 2011

You can't see my pain but i AM hurting - PLEASE believe me...

Sadly so many people do not believe Christie when she says she is hurting. Believe her. She IS. Just because YOU cant see it, it doesnt mean the pain isnt there. 

I believe that it is from lack of knowledge that some of the people in her life, be it friends, family or the medical profession, dont believe she is hurting as much as she says. I have heard people say to her or in hearing of her, that she is simply seeking attention, or that its anxiety that is causing her tummy pain, or its psychomatic, she must be getting bullied at school, or there are problems in her home life. Some one even said in front of her, that perhaps she is being abused. Her pain IS real. Her feet hurt, her ankles, her knees, her hips, her back, her shoulder blades, her neck, jaw, shoulders, elbows, wrists and fingers. She has chest pain, tummy pain and headaches. Most of these, to some degree, every single day of her life. Her worst pain at the moment is in her hips. She has trouble getting to sleep because of the pain and constant aches. Imagine laying in bed trying to get to sleep when u hurt like that.  I know I couldn't. The best we can do is give her panadol and try to distract her mind with reading, music, or a quiet movie, until she falls asleep, usually from sheer exhaustion.  Most nights she ends up sleeping in my bed with me for the comfort and warmth. 


I have found some interesting info and video clips on the internet (what would we DO without the good old net??!)


I think its worth taking the time to watch these and have a bit of a look at some of the sites. Perhaps it will make it a bit easier for you to understand what Christie is going through on a daily basis. But she doesnt need pity, she needs understanding, love and friendship. Most of all, she needs to know that YOU believe her. Remember however that not all symptoms affect all people. Everyone is different.











No comments: